People owning boats know all too well the importance of a boat dock. Many people are fortunate to have nice, lavish docks but some people simply cannot afford them or only need a dock on occasion. In this instance, a portable dock would be a great option.
To give you an idea of what a portable dock is and the benefits it offers, consider the Roll-a-Dock. With this particular portable dock, you can enjoy your waterfront property. For instance, let us say you live in Michigan where the summers are warm and the winters frigid. Instead of having to mess with a dock all year long, a portable dock can be rolled in and then rolled out quick and easy. This type of dock can work in both soft or rocky bottom waters and works well with ll depths. In fact, the Roll-a-Dock has been setting the options since 1971.
To give you a better idea of the standard features, consider the following:
Additionally, you can purchase all types of accessories that will help with the installation. These accessories will also help protect your boat while docking while ensuring safety and enjoyment. Although this standard portable dock provides you with a 4 x 32-foot dock surface, you will have plenty of room to work. Then, the sections to add on also come in a number of sizes, which include:
- Rugged construction ensures you will have years of trouble-free service, as well as minimizes bounce that could damage the boat
- The materials used include aluminum, painted steel, and galvanized steel, which means the dock, is very lightweight but rigid. Because aluminum is naturally corrosion resistant, you will not have to worry when the dock is submerged in water.
- This type of portable dock comes with a number of add-on sections so you can create the style of dock needed
Even the decking comes with its own options, some of which include the following:
- 4 x 16-foot
- 4 x 8-foot
- 2 x 8-foot
- 4 x 4-foot
- You can also choose triangular sections if you like
- QT Powder Coated All-Aluminum This baked on finish means you enjoy a durable, nonskid surface, corrosion resistance, low weight, outstanding strength, and sound deadening benefits.
- Cedar This type of wood is naturally weather resistant, making it an ideal choice. It is attractive, wears well, and offers 5/4 inch of smooth, radiused planks to avoid slippage when wet or dry.
- Vinyl Because vinyl is so durable and designed with an embossed surface, you will not slip. This honeycomb design is also low weight but very strong.
- Skid Guard This panel has a waffle weave texture that is very heavy duty, highly resistant to chipping and peeling, and creates excellent traction when wet or dry.